Macedonia 2014 scenery project for FSX

For our english speaking users.
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Re: Macedonia 2014 scenery project for FSX

Post by Dante »

i tried to convert to KML, but the coordinates are not valid. Also, can you tell me why i don't get the files when I press on "Create BMP+ Batch"? I get the folder, but empty one.
Project Officer at Clean Aviation JU
ENAC Graduate in Aeronautics and Space
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. --- Leo Da Vinci
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

i downloaded it too, and i opened it to Sketchup. tomorrow ill try what happens when i export it as .dae, and place it with modelconverterx.

about the maps2bgl: first you click 'select kml', give your scenery a name, then you click 'download tiles', after the download finishes, you click 'create tga+batch', then you go to root folder of maps2bgl, and there you will find a <yoursceneryname>.bat file, which you execute, and after this long process is done, your new scenery is ready for use. thats the workflow at least for me
Марко СВ.Н.
Капетан на B747
Капетан на  B747

Post by Марко СВ.Н. »

I tested my scenery but resolution is low can i make it higher ? to make it more clean
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

Марко СВ.Н. wrote:I tested my scenery but resolution is low can i make it higher ? to make it more clean
FS9 has maximum resolution of 4,8 meters per pixel (FSX 1,1m/pixel), so you will never reach sharp photo textures with FS9
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

Damn, on google earth you have a 3D sketchup of every building in Skopje. If you need help let us know. We might do it faster ;)
For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return. --- Leo Da Vinci
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

Also, tried to convert the object to BGL, but couldn't extract it. Tried to it with the Wizard, but it shows me"fsx blgcomp file not found", any idea?
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

Dante wrote:Also, tried to convert the object to BGL, but couldn't extract it. Tried to it with the Wizard, but it shows me"fsx blgcomp file not found", any idea?
do you have the latest SDK installed? i am able to place that airport model to fsx successfully, but it needs new textures, and all taxiways, the old terminal, tower, etc. anyways, Ivano Marongiu wrote to me that propably in the next few months we will have LWSK for FSX. he's finalising an italian airport first. so, makes no sense to model the airport since he is doing it.

i was thinking of adding those sketchup models to the scenery, but im a little concerned about the copyright stuff. and its not that big effort to draw a box, and give it textures, so i think its wiser to draw boxes and texture them, rather than getting them from google.
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

i extracted all available building locations from OSM data, and made autogen files for them. now, to make them visible, i have to make photo scenery layer with 1% visible blending layer for each city and town to be able to use the autogen buildings for the locations in question. kicevo has almost all buildings drawn in OSM, so ill propably try it with kicevo. the rest of the towns and cities only have few buildings drawn, so makes no sense to change autogen for them. mene tiedä
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

can you tell me how this "city scenery" works? I did as you said, with the maps2bgl , snapshot in KML using google earth from my city, extracted in bgl, pasted it in addon scenery, and all I can see is default buildings, and the roads, and other buildings nothing, I mean, I was hoping to get the same thing from google earth in 2D.
Марко СВ.Н.
Капетан на B747
Капетан на  B747

Post by Марко СВ.Н. »

check Scenery Library in FSX and Add that scenery from Addon Scenery folder
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

Dante wrote:can you tell me how this "city scenery" works? I did as you said, with the maps2bgl , snapshot in KML using google earth from my city, extracted in bgl, pasted it in addon scenery, and all I can see is default buildings, and the roads, and other buildings nothing, I mean, I was hoping to get the same thing from google earth in 2D.
first of all you need a dataset like OSM that has all building placements in it. you can then convert that data with a tool called scenProc into autogen files. now, if you have a photo scenery of a city, this method gives your scenery that final touch. you can do that same with trees. problem is, that OSM data for buildings is missing for most parts of the globe, so in most cases you have to do it manually with a tool called Autogen Annotator. this google earth look involves copying all those sketchup models from google warehouse, and first converting them for fsx, and then placing them. so its too much work i think.

or was this what u asked? or maybe Marko answered?
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

damn, too much work. Yeah, it must be. I converted to bgl only using maps2bgl tool. nothing else. I see the city from top down, but when I fly above it, I see default buildings, default roads, and that's all.
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

do you mean that you see default buildings of the photo scenery, or instead of seeing the photo scenery, you see the default fsx scenery with autogenerated 3D buildings?
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

Just finished making streetlights module for the scenery. if all the lights are enabled, it may put your computer on its knees, at least i was getting 2-5 FPS over big cities...
Dante
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by Dante »

samsamfin wrote:do you mean that you see default buildings of the photo scenery, or instead of seeing the photo scenery, you see the default fsx scenery with autogenerated 3D buildings?
I have no idea, when I zoom out "top to down" view, I see the city, but when I was flying above the city, it was so small, and none of it made no sense. Default buildings, roads not as they should be, mountains too. It looks like it is all default. or from you scenery. I did that using maps2bgl and kml file from google earth. that's pretty it.
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

can you email me the scenery you made? i'd like to take a look at it?
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

the scenery is now pretty much finished. i have changed the textures of smaller towns and villages to more appropriate ones. few minor fixes done, and added street lights for motorways, trunks and primary roads as default. small changes might be done in the future, but for now i consider this 1.2 version to be the final version. download from here http://1drv.ms/1eoCZRP
skopje-dawn.jpg
skopje-day.jpg
skopje-night.jpg
struga-ohrid-dawn.jpg
struga-ohrid-dusk.jpg
struga-ohrid-night.jpg
Bobo
Капетан на Bell 412
Капетан на Bell 412

Post by Bobo »

Good job!You should cover all terrian for Macedonia :)
Ready to take photos!
samsamfin
Падобранец
Падобранец

Post by samsamfin »

the whole country is covered :P
Bobo
Капетан на Bell 412
Капетан на Bell 412

Post by Bobo »